Help Support Refdesk
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, an subscription-based version of Ad-Free refdesk is available. To learn how to register for Ad-Free refdesk, go here.
Links on refdesk are checked every six months.
Refdesk is best viewed at a screen resolution of 1024 by 768 pixels (or greater). Set screen resolution instructions.
No, all features on refdesk are free of charge.
Refdesk does not provide links to adult sites like alcohol, smoking, gambling and pornography.
For the best site experience, please use the latest version available of any of the popular browsers, including: Internet Explorer, Netscape, Firefox, Opera, etc., with a screen resolution of 1024 by 768 or higher.
For a listing and description see refdesk's top 15 pages.
Not at this time. High costs involved prohibit implementing this feature
Yes, three refdesk features are archived so you can access previous selections. The three archived pages are: (1) Site-of-the-Day Selections, (2) Thought-of-the-Day Selections, and (2) Current Events Topic.
Each day refdesk averages about 800,000 page views and about 100,000 unique visits. The average user stays on refdesk about 10-15 minutes. About 75% of total visits are to the home page with the remaining 25% spread over refdesk's 500+ back pages.
Currently, Refdesk Dailies include two 'Refdesk's Site-of-the-Day' and 'Refdesk's Thought-of-the-Day.' For instructions see how to receive refdesk's daily E-mailings.
No, but refdesk has a policy of not linking to sites that promote pornography, gambling, alcohol, tobacco or other 'adult-related' themes.
To tell a friend about refdesk you may use this recommendation form.
Yes, you may visit a page on reviews and awards and a page on testimonials.
For webmasters, before you submit a site to refdesk, please review the Site Inclusion Criteria to be sure your site is appropriate to be listed. Anyone can suggest a site by sending an E-mail message to the refdesk webmaster.
Top of Page