- Awesome Library - Awesome Library organizes the Web
with 14,000 carefully reviewed resources,
including the top 5 percent in education.
- BIOTN: Best Information on the Net - guide by the librarians at O'Keefe Library, St. Ambrose University
- Bloomsbury Research Centre - "The Bloomsbury Research centre is a FREE on-line database of reference books. Over 17,000 entries are cross-referenced providing a wealth of information all linked and all fully indexed. Use our search engine to search on a wide range of subjects including literature, art, myth, human thought, quotations and a thesaurus or browse through each book at your leisure."
- CEO Express - "Executive Gateway to the Internet."
- Cyber Times Navigator - Navigator is the home page used by the newsroom of The New York Times for forays into the Web. Its primary intent is to give reporters and editors new to the Web a solid starting point for a wide range of journalistic functions without forcing all of them to spend time wandering around blindly to find a useful set of links of their own. Its secondary purpose is to show people that there's still a lot of fun and useful stuff going on out there. (Free registration required).
- Dewey Index Decimal Classification - Bergen County Cooperative Library System, NJ.
- Digital Librarian - a librarian's choice of the best of the Web
- EconData.net - Site is designed to help practitioners, researchers, students, and other data users quickly gain access to relevant state and substate socioeconomic data. The site aims to be a convenient, comprehensive first stop for anyone searching among the vast, disparate array of public and private data sources on the Web.
- English Server, The - English Department at Carnegie Mellon University
- Guides to Resources by Subject - Rice University
- Guides to Resources by Subject - University of Alberta Libraries
- Information by Subject - University of Tennessee Knoxville Libraries
- Information Please
- InfoSurf: Resources by Subject - University of Calif. at Santa Barbara Library
- Info Service - Reference Desk
- Internet Library for Librarians - "A comprehensive Web database designed to provide a one-stop shopping center for librarians to locate Internet resources related to their profession."
- Librarians' Index to the Internet
- LookSmart - explore Web sites in more than 24,000 categories
- MEL: Reference Desk - Michigan Electronic Library
- Martindale's Reference Desk
- NationMaster.com - a massive central data source and a handy way to graphically compare nations. NationMaster is a vast compilation of data from such sources as the CIA World Factbook, UN, and OECD. Using the form above, you can generate maps and graphs on all kinds of statistics with ease.
- Pathfinders Research Guides - Pathfinders are home-grown guides written by Internet Public Library web site staff. These guides are intended to help you get started doing research on a particular topic, both online and at your local library.
- Price's List of Lists - The Internet contains numerous lists of information. Many of these lists present information in the form of rankings of different people, organizations, companies, etc. This collection is designed to be a clearinghouse for these types of resources.
- Quick Reference - the University of Texas at Austin
- Ready Reference Shelf - Chicago Public Library
- Reference Collection - from the Internet Public Library
- Reference Resources - LibrarySpot
- Reference Shelf - Compiled and edited by Gary Price
- Resource Centers - Library of Congress
- Resources by Discipline - University of Waterloo Electronic Library
- StateMaster.com - statistical database which allows you to research and compare a multitude of different data on US states.
- Subject Guides to Internet Resources - Columbia University
- Subject Guides to Internet Resources - Fondren Library, Rice University
- Subject Guides to Internet Resources - LSU University
- Subject Guides to Internet Resources - University of Chicago
- Subject Guides to Internet Resources - University of Texas
- Subject Guides to Internet Resources - University of Virginia
- Subject Guides to Internet Resources - University of Washington
- Virtual Acquisition & News Desk - Resources & News for Information Professionals & Researchers.
- Virtual Reference Desk - Monroe County (NY) Library
- Virtual Reference Desk - Rancho Cucamonga Public Library
- WWW Virtual Library
- WebSites for Journalists - An annotated introduction to selected web pages of value to journalists.
- Webliography - LSU Libraries
- Yahoo's Index of Reference Tools
- Yahooligans! The Web Guide for Kids
Search Net ]
[ My Facts Page ]
[ My Virt. Encyclopedia ] [ My Virt. Newspaper ] [ Report Broken Links ]
[ Fast Facts ]
[ First Things First ] [ Quick Reference ] [ Site Map ]
[ Top of Page ] [ HOME ]
REFERENCE SHELVES ON THE INTERNET
Updated: October 13, 2014