TOP RANKED RESOURCES:|
- American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language - Features over 90,000 entries, most with audio word pronunciations.
- Cambridge Dictionaries Online - Search separate dictionaries of English, phrasal verbs, or idioms.
- Computer/Internet Dictionary - Dictionary and search engine for computer and Internet technology definitions.
- Dictionary.com - Features a variety of tools including definitions, word of the day email, thesauri, translator, and writing resources.
- DictSearch - Use this global dictionary to search in 275 dictionaries on the Internet. Translate from 69 source languages into 73 target languages - 400 language combinations.
- Merriam-Webster Online - EDITOR'S PICK - Official site includes online versions of the collegiate dictionary and thesaurus.
- Nolo.com: Everybody's Law Dictionary - Contains plain-English definitions for legal terms.
- OneLook Dictionary - Think of this web site as a search engine for words and phrases: If you have a word for which you'd like a definition or translation, site will take you to the web-based dictionaries that define or translate that word.
- OneLook Reverse Dictionary - Lets you describe a concept and get back a list of words and phrases related to that concept.
- The Free Dictionary - "The world's most comprehensive dictionary: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, Russian, Medical, Legal, and Financial Dictionaries, Thesaurus, Acronyms and Abbreviations, Idioms, Encyclopedia, a Literature Reference Library, and a Search Engine all in one!"
- Your Dictionary - "The easy to understand dictionary with example sentences, famous quotes and audio pronunciations. Includes: thesaurus, business dictionary, computer dictionary, medical dictionary and more."